Legends, Myths and Five Crazy Hours
The big day is here! Kick it off right with our morning train reads:
- The Legend of the President’s First Hundred Days (Wall Street Journal); see also Myths and Truths About the Trump Presidency (Bloomberg View)
- Sell Netflix, Buy Blockbuster (Irrelevant Investor)
- A Tale of Two Economies: How the Uneven Obama Recovery Paved the Way for Trump (Bloomberg)
- Steve Jobs saved Apple -- and Nike -- with the same piece of advice (Quartz)
- Investors Need to Look Well Beyond the Inauguration (Bloomberg View); see also What Really Happened to the Stock Market During the Obama Years (Time)
- How statistics lost their power -- and why we should fear what comes next (Guardian)
- The 5 craziest hours in the White House (Washington Post)
- How curiosity can protect the mind from bias (BBC); see also How to Overcome Unconscious Bias (Scientific American)
- What the U.S. Constitution would look like if translated into 140-character tweets (USA Today)
- Six cosmic catastrophes that could wipe out life on Earth (the Conversation)
How the ‘Trump rally’ stacks up
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.