Nationalism, Fake News and Booze
Twenty-four hours to go! Get ready with our morning train reads:
- Global Risk Briefing: Politics is roiling markets as the Trump era dawns (Bloomberg)
- The Resilience of U.S. Equities! (Musings on Markets) but see The Illusions Driving Up U.S. Asset Prices (Project Syndicate)
- How Space Could Trigger a Future Economic Crisis (Bloomberg View)
- Mossberg: Lousy ads are ruining the online experience (Recode)
- Yes, this is the Asian Century. But there’s still cause for Western optimism (Global Is Asian); see also China’s WTO Entry, 15 Years On (Council on Foreign Relations)
- The economic peril of aggrieved nationalism (Financial Times)
- The Great Unbundling (Stratechery)
- 10 Times Trump Spread Fake News (New York Times); see also From Headline to Photograph, a Fake News Masterpiece (New York Times)
- Tesla Is Snatching Apple’s Stars to Make Itself the New Apple (Wired)
- Our 9,000-Year Love Affair With Booze (National Geographic)
What are you reading?
What Shaped Obama’s Economic Legacy
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org