Watching the Yuan Will Give You Whiplash
China’s Yuan Woes Get Worse
Bear Market in Bonds Already Looks Shaky
“Fast money” traders thought they could defy history. Scott Dorf explains why they’re in for a nasty surprise.
Farewell to Paul Ryan’s Republican Agenda
His proposals were too pure for this world — or at least, too realistic about budgeting. As Donald Trump makes expensive promises of universal health coverage and middle-class tax cuts (with no plans to pay for them), Francis Wilkinson pronounces the House speaker’s deficit-hawkish agenda DOA.
A Losing Strategy for Trump Critics
Don’t normalize Trump, the critics say. He’s not a normal politician. Well, isn’t that the point? Justin Fox says the man who upended every convention in American politics won’t be brought down by appeals to norms.
- The curse of Econ 101 (The Atlantic)
- Detroit bets you’ll get sick of SUVs (Bloomberg)
- Why long-term investors love beta (Chief Investment Officer)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full news roundup.)
- Big tobacco’s $49 billion mega-deal is a big drag
- UnitedHealth insures itself against Trump uncertainty
- Brexit-bemoaning bankers don’t need to start packing just yet
(Read more from BV’s sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Subscribe here.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.