Reconciliation, Rules and Replacements
1. Josh Huder at Rule 22 on reconciliation and the path forward for Obamacare repeal.
2. Dan Drezner about the practical effects of "Buy American" rules.
3. From VoteView: how voting in Congress has gone from partisan to, well, ultrapartisan.
4. Joshua Tucker at the Monkey Cage on "kompromat."
5. Margot Sanger-Katz at the Upshot on why Republicans are having such a hard time coming up with an Obamacare replacement.
6. Fred Kaplan at Slate on General James Mattis, one Donald Trump cabinet selection that seems to be going very well.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org