A Compromise Everyone Can Learn to Love
1. Catherine Rampell on fears about government-collected data.
2. James Pethokoukis at the Week floats a health-care compromise.
3. Aaron Bycoffe at FiveThirtyEight on the record-breaking Joe Biden.
4. Gershom Gorenberg explains why the U.S. never moved its embassy to Jerusalem, and what is likely to happen if Donald Trump follows through on a pledge previous presidents have made and abandoned.
5. Mark Schmitt on how the Senate has changed from the time Jeff Sessions was defeated for a judicial nomination and now.
6. And Alexandra Petri wraps up the Trump news conference.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com