Dow 20,000 Is a Big Number, Not a Big Deal
Just a Numbers Game
The Dow Jones Industrial Average has been flirting with the 20,000-point mark. Should you care about the Dow? Should you care about the 20,000 mark? Mohamed A. El-Erian mostly doesn't.
It's About Abortion, Not Science
House Republicans' bid to stop research that uses human fetal tissue is not an empty threat. But, according to the editorial board of Bloomberg View, it doesn't contain much science.
A Voice for Sensible Limits on Immigration
Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas is becoming the leading proponent of restricting immigration, saying that low-skilled immigrants drive down wages for some Americans. There's a downside to keeping them out, but Ramesh Ponnuru says that's a trade worth making.
Indian Nationalism Over Democracy
Noah Feldman laments the ruling by the Supreme Court of India that exacerbates the country’s religious and caste divisions.
- Scientific Concepts That Should Get More Attention (Edge)
- Small Animals, Big Business: The Corporatization of the Vet's Office (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Putin's Real Long Game (Politico)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full news roundup.)
- Foreign investment banks and the China paradox
- The robot rampage in the labor market
- China lets a thousand little insurance products bloom
(Read more from BV’s sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Subscribe here.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story: