Active Management and Luxury Real Estate
Welcome back! Start your new year right with our Tuesday morning train reads:
- Active Management is Back (Barron’s) but see How ETFs Won the Year (Barron’s)
- Hindsight Capital’s winners and losers over the past 10 years (Financial Times)
- The Champions of the 401(k) Lament the Revolution They Started (Wall Street Journal); see also Why Your 401(k) Fees Aren’t Lower (Wall Street Journal)
- Here’s The Threat To Profits For 80% Of Financial Advisors (Investor’s Business Daily)
- A billion dollar gift for Twitter: Jack asked us for ideas on how to fix Twitter. A coherent plan for fixing Twitter would make millions of people happier, and pick up a billion dollars in market cap along the way. C’mon, it’ll be great! (Medium); see also Twitter’s Identity Crisis Gets in the Way of a Sale (Bloomberg View)
- 2017 Luxury Real Estate Outlook: Race for Dollar Buyers Amid Oversupply (Mansion Global)
- Do new 2017 state laws hint at momentum for federal changes as well? (Christian Science Monitor); see also Sen. Elizabeth Warren seeks to pull pot shops out of banking limbo (Denver Post)
- The Businesses That Platforms Are Actually Disrupting (Harvard Business Review)
- China’s vow to shut down its ivory trade by the end of 2017 is a "game changer" for elephants (Washington Post) but see Cheetahs are racing toward extinction (Washington Post)
- Why is there no fake news on LinkedIn? Listen to its editor explain. (Recode)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org