Microsoft Reboots, Apple Alienates, Voters Switch
My midweek morning train reads:
- 2016’s Best- and Worst-Performing Hedge Funds (Bloomberg)
- Look Who’s Back! Microsoft, Rebooted, Emerges as a Tech Leader (Wall Street Journal)
- How Apple Alienated Mac Loyalists (Bloomberg)
- Companies are making billions in lithium mining. But these indigenous people are being left out. (Washington Post); see also The batteries in your favorite devices are literally covering Chinese villages in black soot (Washington Post)
- U.S. Business Cycle Risk Report (Capital Spectator)
- Dalio: Reflections on the Trump Presidency, One Month after the Election (LinkedIn)
- Whistle-Blowers Spur Companies to Change Their Ways (New York Times)
- 2016 Annual Report (America’s Health Rankings); see also The 5 healthiest and unhealthiest states in America (Becker’s Hospital Review)
- Voters Really Did Switch To Trump At The Last Minute (FiveThirtyEight)
- This Deep Sea Fisherman Posts His Discoveries on Twitter and OH MY GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE (Gizmodo)
What are you reading?
Total U.S. Retailers’ Earnings
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org