Polarization, Fake News and 'Hamilton'
1. Jacob T. Levy at the Niskanen Center on identity politics. Excellent.
2. Victoria DeFrancesco Soto on how her voting rights were challenged in Texas.
3. David Lay Williams at the Monkey Cage on Plato and fake news.
4. Also at the Monkey Cage: Patrick J. Egan and Megan Mullin on partisan polarization on the environment since the 1980s.
5. I usually read first and then link, but I'll risk saying that Ta-Nehisi Coates on Barack Obama is safe to recommend. Can't wait to get to it.
6. My Bloomberg View colleague Megan McArdle gets it about right on what our reaction to election controversies should be.
7. Alice M. Rivlin, Loren Adler and Stuart M. Butler on why "repeal and delay" is a bad idea -- and what a "replace" bill could look like.
8. Fred Kaplan at Slate on the secretary of state selection.
9. Catherine Rampell has the best suggestions for how New York can deal with Trump.
10. And from the department of better late than never, Alyssa Rosenberg on "Hamilton."
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org