Making Money, Renting Cars and Hiring Bankers
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Moody’s slashes its outlook for the global asset management industry (Business Insider)
- Automation Can Actually Create More Jobs (Wall Street Journal); see also Wall Street’s Old, Unwanted Bond Salesmen Find a Home in Chicago (Bloomberg)
- Just How Much Do the Top Private Equity Earners Make? (DealBook)
- Why Donald Trump Keeps Hiring Goldman Sachs Bankers (Slate); see also Goldman Sachs to Extend Its Reach in Trump Administration (DealBook)
- With Uber and Lyft Nearby, Rental Cars May Be Ripe for a Comeuppance (New York Times)
- Will Trump Scrap NASA’s Climate Research Mission? (ProPublica); see also Massive Seawall May Be Needed to Keep New York City Dry (Scientific American)
- 50 Twitter accounts for investors to follow in 2017 (MarketWatch)
- New evidence suggests a ninth planet lurking at the edge of the solar system (Washington Post); see also To Planet 9 -- and Beyond! (Discover)
- "The Grand Tour" May Be The Most Illegally Downloaded TV Show In History (Jalopnik)
- The scientific explanation for why humans are so convinced that aliens look like octopuses (Quartz); see also Octopuses and the Puzzle of Aging (New York Times)
What are you reading?
Low Volatility Is Not a Buy-and-Hold Strategy
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org