Tariffs, Economic Tides and Populist Revolts
1. Andrew Gelman's election analysis. Lots of stuff here, but pay particular attention to item 14.
2. Joshua Tucker at the Monkey Cage on Donald Trump's proposed tariff.
3. Dan Drezner with some second thoughts about how the system worked or not after the 2008 financial crisis.
4. Greg Ip at the Wall Street Journal on what happens to presidents who try to roll back economic tides.
5. And my Bloomberg View colleague Paula Dwyer on some longer-term ideas to help blue-collar workers.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org