Conspiracy Theories and Generation Gaps
1. Dave Hopkins on the new political generation gap.
2. Joanne M. Miller, Kyle L. Saunders and Christina E. Farhart on the coming liberal conspiracy theories. Yup. The big question: Will high-visibility Democratic politicians do what they can to diminish them -- or amplify them?
3. Michael Tesler at the Monkey Cage on race and Donald Trump voters.
4. Philip Klein on how Republicans could degrade Obamacare even during any "delay" period: freeze new enrollments. It's a plausible strategy, but a lot of Republican members of Congress will be awfully uncomfortable explaining to locked-out constituents why they are ineligible for something their similarly situated neighbors are receiving. Of course, if Republicans do intend to wind up with fewer people covered, they're going to have to learn to be tough about that eventually.
5. While Greg Sargent at the Plum Line has Chuck Shumer's plan to oppose any "replacement" bill.
6. The New Republic's Brian Beutler on arguments that Barack Obama will be to blame for Trump's abuses of power.
7. And Stan Collender on Trump and wasteful spending.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org