Worker Drones, Wage Growth and Rising Stars
My morning train reads:
- 2016 Jealousy List: Here are 40-odd stories we wish we’d done this year -- and don’t want you to miss. (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- The Best Investors In The World Aren’t Special (and Neither Are You) (Andrew Thrasher)
- Drones: Reporting for Work (Recode)
- The seven excuses of highly paid chief executives (Financial Times)
- Workers are finally starting to see real wage growth (Vice)
- 7 Deadly Sins Of Financial Salespeople (A Teachable Moment); see also Why Rising Stars Are Often the First to Fizzle Out (Evidence-Based Investor)
- A Cheat Sheet on the Deglobalization of the Financial World (Bloomberg)
- Trump’s Department of Justice could kill police reform (Vice); see also Anyone expecting a quick and easy repeal of the Labor Department’s new fiduciary rule may be disappointed (Wall Street Journal)
- Should California secede? How the state is politically out-of-step with the rest of the country (LA Times)
- The slow death of the manual transmission (Engadget); see also The last manual supercars from the Classic Driver Market (Classic Driver)
What are you reading?
Days of Marijuana Use Per Possession Arrest
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com