Elites Must Either Engage Populists or Lose to Them
A big part of the homework the political center needs to do after Brexit, Donald Trump's triumph and the rise in nationalist populism across Europe is to define the sources of growing popular resentment against the "elite." That distrust is behind recent election surprises and what disoriented media professionals have dubbed a "post-truth" attitude toward the news. Fixing it could be the key to future stability.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Why Hospitals Aren't in the Drug Business
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law