Promises, Threats, Big Bets and Funny Business
It's midweek! Make the flip turn with our free-range morning train reads:
- The Agony of Investing in Small Cap Stocks (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- What Happened To The Earnings Recession? (the Fat Pitch); see also Company Earnings Show Strength as U.S. Growth Picks Up (Wall Street Journal)
- The tech industry is reshaping philanthropy, one big bet at a time (Recode)
- Switzerland is by far the wealthiest country on earth -- these 5 charts show why (Business Insider)
- How Much Is A Financial Advisor’s Service Really Worth? (Investor’s Business Daily)
- ISIS’s second-in-command hid in Syria for months. The day he stepped out, the U.S. was waiting. (Washington Post)
- "I will give you everything." Here are 282 of Donald Trump’s campaign promises. (Washington Post)
- AT&T just declared war on an open internet (and us): "Mobilizing Your World" sounds like a threat now (the Verge)
- Kevin Hart’s Funny Business: The most successful comedian in the world is also the most productive. Here’s how he keeps all his projects in motion. (Fast Company)
- A (Frozen) Great Lake of Water Is Found Beneath the Surface of Mars (Slate)
What are you reading?
China Outlook 2017: Property bubble spreads to more cities
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com