How to Survive a Post-Election Thanksgiving
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Nadig: The Outlook For ETFs In 2017 (ETF.com); see also NYSE to List Cannabis REIT (Forbes)
- How Bad Could Bond Market Losses Get? (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- Forecasting The Next Recession Based On The Calendar And The Presidency (Fat Pitch); see also Amazing Facts about the Economy (Crossing Wall Street)
- These 14 major retailers are each closing at least 100 stores (Clark)
- Are You Backtesting Correctly? Six Common Technical Mistakes That Will Make Your Simulations Useless (Mechanical Forex); see also 9 Mistakes Quants Make that Cause Backtests to Lie (Quantopian)
- Are GPS Apps Messing With Our Brains? (Mother Jones)
- The Case Against Reality: A professor of cognitive science argues that the world is nothing like the one we experience through our senses. (the Atlantic); see also The Difference Between a Statistic and a Fact (Collaborative Fund)
- How Surgeons Stay Focused for Hours (Wall Street Journal)
- Cashing in BIGLY in Argentina! (Talking Points Memo); see also Trump Frolics in the Swamp (Bloomberg View)
- The Liberal’s Guide for Surviving Thanksgiving 2016 (Huffington Post)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com