Busted Startups, Getting High and Earthquakes
It's the morning after the day before. Clear your head with our morning train reads:
- Dear President-Elect Trump: A Millennial Wish List. (Barron’s)
- Hillary Clinton’s campaign was crippled by voters who stayed home (Washington Post); see also Trump needed a huge drop in turnout to win and that’s exactly what happened. (New Republic)
- The Week When Advice Mattered (Reformed Broker)
- You Too Can Invest In a Startup Likely to Go Bust (Bloomberg Technology)
- One in every five Americans is about to get legally high AF after this election (Quartz); see also Weed is the real winner of the 2016 election (Daily Dot)
- Trump Was Not a Media Fail: The press succeeded in exposing Trump for what he was. Voters just decided they didn’t care (Politico)
- Why Oklahoma Can’t Turn Off Its Earthquakes (Bloomberg Businessweek); see also Fracking isn’t causing Oklahoma’s earthquakes, this is (MarketWatch)
- America has never had so much TV, and even Hollywood is overwhelmed (Washington Post)
- New Theory of Gravity Might Explain Dark Mattter (Delta Institute for Theoretical Physics)
- The greatest threat from a Trump presidency may be his toxic brew of unscientific beliefs (Quartz) but see It’s Going to Be Okay (Wait But Why)
What are you reading?
Share of people who believe extreme global poverty has decreased in past 20 years
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org