Three Simple Messages From the U.S. Employment Data
Looking to Hire Somebody? Skip the Interview
Research shows job interviews offer surprisingly little value for employers — in fact, there’s evidence they lead managers to make worse hiring decisions. Cass Sunstein considers why so many companies won’t give up the time-wasting exercise.
Trolls Are Crippling Twitter
Twitter loses money despite bringing in a lot of revenue, and its user growth has slowed to a trickle. What gives? Noah Smith says the problem is baked into the social network: It’s the ideal platform for being an online jerk.
The Most Important Fact About Trump
Amid waves of stories about about Donald Trump’s bullying, bigotry, tax dodges and temper, one central point has been lost: Republican Party elites still really don’t like him. Jonathan Bernstein takes stock of an underappreciated schism.
This Bull Market Has Room to Run
Good news for your portfolios, courtesy of Barry Ritholtz: Many conditions are in place for long-term gains in stocks.
- Slack channels Steve Jobs when calling out Microsoft (Vice)
- Tech jobs, cheaper housing: The new silicon cities (Wall Street Journal)
- Bond traders aren’t worried about the election. Should we listen to them? (Moneybeat)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full daily news roundup.)
- Getting paid in the oil patch
- Fortress mentality crowds credit outlook
- Warren Buffett’s magic touch, batteries included
(Read more from BV’s sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.