Dividend Frenzy Cools as Bond Yields Rise
Congrats Chicago! Recover with our extra-innings morning train reads:
• Relax! The U.S. recovery is just getting started (Bloomberg View)
• Dividend frenzy starts to cool down: Increasing bond yields make dividend-paying equities less attractive to investors seeking steady payments (Wall Street Journal)
• Alpha wounds: Lack of independent judgment (CFA Institute)
• The baffling history of Tronc (Bloomberg Businessweek)
• Renewables overtake coal as world’s largest source of power capacity: Though coal still generates more electricity, wind and solar installations hit record (Financial Times)
• Apple should buy Netflix (Stratechery)
• Why polling swings are often mirages (RealClearPolitics)
• The 2016 presidential election: A devil’s glossary (The Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Kansas is still bleeding thanks to Tea Party economics
Source: Los Angeles Times Business
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at firstname.lastname@example.org