Keeping the Internet Free Might Get Very Expensive
The web is safe and costs almost nothing to use, but that might not last for long. Noah Smith warns that a new era of cybercrooks aided by artificial intelligence could change the economic equation.
My Second Thoughts on Universal Basic Income
The Republican Civil War Is Clinton’s to Win
Even if Donald Trump loses next month’s election — and he very likely will — he won’t quit battling for the soul of the GOP. (As one Trump staffer said recently: “We own the future of the Republican Party.”) Francis Wilkinson expects the coming fracas will deliver old-school conservatives into Democrats’ welcoming arms.
Four Steps to Save American Politics
Even before Trump, the unwritten rules of governance were eroding. Cass Sunstein suggests a handful of strategies that could help reverse the slide.
Bring the Right Wing Into Mainstream Media
- New business strategy: Be a little nicer to everyone (Collaborative Fund)
- Black Monday revisited: Lessons from 29 years of market history (Pimco)
- Outsourced CIO firms gain traction with private wealth managers (Institutional Investor)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full daily news roundup.)
- Harsh conditions stunt IPOs
- Tesla’s not-quite-Damascene conversion
- Stop worrying and learn to love Amazon’s meager profits
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.