The Future of the Republican Party
1. Pippa Norris on what Donald Trump voters might do if Hillary Clinton wins the election. At the Monkey Cage.
2. Boris Heersink, also at the Monkey Cage, urges Republicans to listen to 1950s Democrats. Interesting.
3. But Dave Hopkins argues that Republicans will do what individual Republicans feel is in their self-interest, which may not be what’s good for the party as a whole.
4. Philip Klein at the Washington Examiner doesn’t see post-election improvement for the Republican Party.
5. Amanda Carpenter at the Washington Post on Republicans and women.
6. Jeffrey Young at the Huffington Post tries to figure out what Trump is saying about Obamacare ...
7. ... while Kevin Drum is interested in how Trump “runs” his businesses.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com