Ballots, Pipe Dreams and Uncharted Waters
1. Seth Masket at Pacific Standard on the long, long, long ballot.
2. John J. Pitney Jr. at USA Today on the pipe dream of a Republican Congress restraining Donald Trump if he wins.
3. Matt Yglesias is thinking about the transition. Good topic, and good piece -- although I think he overlooks the likelihood that a fair number of President Obama's executive branch appointees are going to be ready to leave their jobs, which will reduce a lot of the tension he sees as possible. He’s certainly correct that we’re in somewhat uncharted waters here.
4. Oliver Darcy and Pamela Engel at Business Insider on the problem of conservative media ...
5. ... while Josh Barro argues the problem goes well beyond conservative media. Both are good pieces; neither is tough enough on Republican politicians.
6. Alyssa Rosenberg has a multipart feature on policing and popular culture. Don’t miss. Here’s part one.
7. My Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O’Brien on Abraham Lincoln and Trump.
8. And Emma Green at the Atlantic solicits a reading list to help us all get through the elections.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org