Great Stock, Blaming Brexit and Hacking
Fifteen days to go! Start your week right with our morning train reads:
- How Microsoft Made Its Stock Great Again (Fortune); see also Why Microsoft stock just hit an all-time high (Recode)
- Stop Blaming Brexit for Every Little Thing (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- It’s the demography, stupid! (Financial Times)
- HFR: Industry Assets Hit Record Despite $28B In Hedge Fund Redemptions (FINalternatives) but see Hedge Fund Managers Struggle to Master Their Miserable New World (Bloomberg)
- The Weird Economics Of Ikea (FiveThirtyEight)
- Resurgent press corps needs a new business model (Washington Post)
- How Russia Pulled Off the Biggest Election Hack in U.S. History (Esquire)
- The cult of the expert -- and how it collapsed (the Guardian)
- Sir … Sir! You Need to Call the "Other" Time Warner: Angry customers, protesters, even stock investors, routinely confuse the two (Wall Street Journal)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview with Bill McNabb, CEO and chairman of the Vanguard Group, which now manages $4 trillion.
Investors’ Message to Global Governments: Spend More
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org