What Isn't Happening During This Election
1. Thad Kousser at the Monkey Cage on what’s wrong with congressional term limits.
2. Rick Hasen on why “rigged” election talk is wrong.
3. Also at the Monkey Cage, Stephen Ansolabehere, Samantha Luks and Brian Schaffner have the evidence: No, non-citizens are not voting in U.S. elections.
4. Andrew Rudalevige at the Monkey Cage on the lawsuit about the constitutional status of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
5. Lynn Vavreck at the Upshot on the effects of television ads in 2016.
6. Ross Douthat has an optimistic view of a post-Donald Trump world. Plausible!
7. My Bloomberg View colleague Barry Ritholtz on the fiduciary rule.
8. And a new website has Congressional Research Service reports. Excellent.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com