Behind Closed Doors and Third-Party Politics
1. “Trump’s charges appear to have counter-mobilized Democratic opinion in novel ways.” Charles Stewart III on how Donald Trump’s (false) accusations of a “rigged” election may be playing out.
2. Rick Hasen, meanwhile, explains why Trump’s claims are so ridiculous.
3. Dan Drezner takes a careful look at Hillary Clinton behind closed doors.
4. Celina Su at the Monkey Cage on one way to get young people involved in politics.
5. John Patty at Vox explains why third-party politics is still a very uphill battle.
6. At Slate, Fred Kaplan on the battle for Mosul.
7. Vox’s Brad Plumer on how climate policy is made.
8. My Bloomberg View colleague Francis Wilkinson on the cowardice of WikiLeaks politics.
9. And Greg Sargent has the big chart of all the people Trump claims are conspiring against him.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com