Bear Markets and Financial Illiteracy
Less than 30 days to go. Fight through with our morning train reads:
- America’s dazzling tech boom has a downside: not enough jobs (Wall Street Journal)
- Looking back at the end of a secular bear market (Irrelevant Investor)
- Elon Musk’s wild ride: Biographer Ashlee Vance examines the troubles at Tesla, SpaceX, and SolarCity (Bloomberg)
- Financial literacy is still abysmal everywhere (Real Time Economics)
- The most complicated simple problems (Collaborative Fund)
- How airline executives and Democratic power players have made flying even more miserable (ProPublica); see also How to turn a mile-high torture chamber into a comfy cabin: What designers are doing to make life in the air more tolerable (Bloomberg)
- LUV your stock: Study shows that ticker symbols matter (Wall Street Journal)
- More on Mylan’s EpiPen profiteering: It allegedly ripped off Medicaid, too (LA Times)
- Demand mounts for Trump Apprentice tapes that may hold “far worse” footage (the Guardian)
- Planet in star system nearest our sun “may have oceans” (Raw Story); see also Weird binary system spotted with three rings around two stars (New Scientist)
What are you reading?
Pound slumps to 168-year low
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org