What Dogs Can Teach Us About the World
My morning day-of-atonement reads:
- Thank you, Merrill Lynch (Bloomberg Gadfly); see also Merrill Lynch to end commission-based options for retirement savers (Wall Street Journal)
- The Hartford investment club (Chief Investment Officer)
- When McKinsey met Uber: The gig economy comes to consulting (Financial Times)
- 27 charts that will change how you think about the American economy (Vox); see also Actually, many "inner cities" are doing great (Upshot)
- Don’t be so sure the big tech breakthroughs are behind us (Bloomberg View)
- One of America’s biggest meat companies just invested in vegan burgers (Vice)
- Rising sea levels and a falling margin of safety (CFA Institute); see also Extreme weather costs taxpayers billions every year (Huffington Post)
- Israel proves the desalination era is here (Scientific American)
- When fans get banned for life from sports stadiums (Washington Post)
- Learning from dogs as they sniff out their world (New York Times)
What are you reading?
Tech companies pay higher price than media companies
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com