Tapes, Transitions, Conflicts and Attacks
1. Julia Azari on the Donald Trump tape.
2. Richard Skinner on Bill Clinton’s terrible transition back in 1992-1993, and George W. Bush’s unusual transition.
3. Lee Drutman at Vox speculates on the future of the Republican Party after November.
4. Roxanne Krystalli and Kimberly Theidon at the Monkey Cage on gender and peace in Colombia.
5. My Bloomberg View colleague Francis Wilkinson interviews Russell Moore about conflict among evangelicals. Don’t miss.
6. Jared Bernstein on the jobs numbers.
7. Max Boot on Trump and the conservative closed-information loop.
8. And Alyssa Rosenberg on the dangers for Trump in attacking Bill Clinton.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org