Maybe Companies Aren’t Too Focused on the Short Term
Or maybe they are — the fact is, the economic evidence is hazy. Tyler Cowen urges a wait-and-see attitude in the face of contradictory data.
Lawyers Can Write Shorter, But It Will Cost Them
Federal courts are lowering the maximum length of appellate briefs, and as Noah Feldman notes, not everyone is happy about it.
We Still Need Truckers, For Now
From ‘I ♥ NY’ to ‘Dump Trump’
Donald Trump has ripped off a lot of people. Who knew that Milton Glaser was one? Leonid Bershidsky explains why the graphic-design legend has marshaled his visual talents against the Republican nominee.
‘Interruptology’ Explains the Presidential Debates
Researchers say there are four types of interruptions, and you can expect to see them all at Sunday’s debate. With that in mind, Faye Flam offers a primer on the science of blurting stuff out.
- Huge egos undermine star fund managers (MarketWatch)
- The most overlooked trait of investing success (Collaborative Fund)
- Venture capitalist Marc Andreessen explains how AI will change the world (Vox)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full daily news roundup.)
- Sweeping up Europe’s banking mess
- Even Argentina’s peso is better than the pound
- Five charts explaining why Snapchat is worth $25 billion
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.