The Danger in the 'Rigged Election' Narrative
1. Adria Lawrence on the election in Morocco, at the Monkey Cage. I continue to believe the Monkey Cage election reports from nations around the world are one of the best things out there.
2. Jonathan Chait on “change” and 2016. I think it’s possible to overstate this case, but overall it’s certainly true that Barack Obama is a moderately popular president, something that appears to be literally unbelievable to many Republicans.
3. Heather Wilhelm at the National Review tries to talk reality to Republicans.
4. Jamelle Bouie at Slate on the real dangers in Donald Trump’s irresponsible talk of a “rigged” election.
5. And some interesting speculation from Greg Sargent at the Plum Line about the next debate.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com