Millionaires, Taxes and Musk's Mars Moment
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Why thousands of millionaires don’t pay federal income taxes (Washington Post); see also Searching for the Truth in Trump’s 1995 Tax Return (Bloomberg View)
- A Dozen Things You Can Learn by Reading “The Success Equation” by Michael Mauboussin (25iq)
- America is running out of apartments (Business Insider); see also Mortgage Rates “Near All-Time Lows” (Calculated Risk)
- The Rise and Fall of New Funds: Investors routinely pour cash into recently launched funds. Is that a mistake? (Morningstar)
- Elon Musk: A Million Humans Could Live on Mars By the 2060s (National Geographic); see also Musk’s Mars moment: Audacity, madness, brilliance -- or maybe all three (Ars Technica)
- Disconfirmations, Framing & Satisficing (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- The Failed Philosophy Behind the NJ Train Crash (Medium); see also New Jersey Train Crash Heightens Rail-Safety Concerns (Wall Street Journal)
- In a Time of Trump, Millennial Jews Awaken to Anti-Semitism: A new generation is experiencing an age-old hatred for the first time (Politico)
- Five Extremely Logical Theories About Hillary Clinton’s Debate Performance (New Yorker); see also Republicans Wonder If Trump Can Recover From “Worst Week” (Bloomberg)
- Fermi Finds Record-Breaking Binary in Galaxy Next Door (NASA)
What are you reading?
Next to nothing
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.