Desperate Central Bankers and News Bubbles
Jump right into the finest morning train reads in the land:
- Quant Who Coined Risk Parity Says Wall Street Has It All Wrong (Bloomberg)
- Bill Miller Plans a Return to His Roots. The Legg Mason Opportunity Trust will get a new name: the Miller Opportunity Trust (Wall Street Journal)
- As Skill Requirements Increase, More Manufacturing Jobs Go Unfilled (Wall Street Journal) but see More Wealth, More Jobs, but Not for Everyone: What Fuels the Backlash on Trade (New York Times)
- I’ve never seen anything like the massacre of the hedge fund business this year (CNBC)
- Hedging on Liquid Alternatives (Chief Investment Officer)
- Roach: Desperate Central Bankers (Project Syndicate)
- Chinese property goes up, Chinese property goes down (Financial Times)
- Grocery Prices Are Plunging (Bloomberg)
- Trump Becomes Latest GOP Nominee To Get Lost Inside The Fox News Bubble (Media Matters); see also Presidential Debates and Social Media, or Neil Postman Was Right (L.M. Sacacas)
- You are way more likely to be killed by deer than by sharks, bears, and gators combined (Vox)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com