The Business of Shunning Donald Trump
My early, post-debate Tuesday morning train reads:
- Millions in U.S. Climb Out of Poverty, at Long Last (New York Times)
- Harvard Does a Trade You Should Never Make (Bloomberg View); see also Yale Endowment Earned 3.4% in a Year When Many Peers Lost (New York Times)
- The Story of Post-Brexit Britain, In 17 Charts (Bloomberg)
- Wells Fargo’s fraud ensures survival of the CFPB (OC Housing News); see also Why Wells Fargo’s Executives Will Keep Their Bonuses, Even After Fake Accounts Scandal (the Intercept)
- Traffic Is Fake, Audience Numbers Are Garbage, And Nobody Knows How Many People See Anything (TechDirt)
- Only government action can resolve a global solvency crisis (Financial Times) but see Economics Has a Major Blind Spot (Bloomberg View)
- The most thankless job in the 2016 election (Huffington Post)
- No Fortune 100 CEOs Back Republican Donald Trump (Wall Street Journal); see also Trump’s a Businessman. Where’s His Business Backing? (New York Times)
- No, NASA Didn’t Change Your Astrological Sign (Slate)
- Netflix knows how and why you binge-watch its shows (BGR); see also 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time (Rolling Stone)
What are you reading?
U.S. manufacturing is not in decline
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com