What's Your New Sign, Baby?
My end-of-week, gluten-free morning train reads:
- The Retirement Planning Blunder That 65% Of Americans Make, And How To Avoid It (Investor's Business Daily); see also You're Not as Rich as You Think (Bloomberg View)
- Oracle's Cloudy Future (Stratechery)
- The Professor Who Was Right About Index Funds All Along (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- The Traits and Processes That Lead to Better Forecasts (AAII); see also Investing to Avoid the Consequences of Being Wrong (AAII)
- How does a mall cope when a big tenant like Macy's closes? (LA Times)
- America’s rivers and streams are overflowing with microplastic pollution (Quartz)
- Written in the Stars: People Are Freaking Out About NASA “Changing” Their Star Signs (Brand Watch)
- "Silicon Valley" comedian Kumail Nanjiani talks nerd-life on and off screen (Verge)
- In Their Own Words: Why Voters Support -- and Have Concerns About -- Clinton and Trump. Major factor in candidate support: Disliking the opponent (Pew Research Center)
- The Deflategate Scientists Unlock Their Lab (New York Times)
Just in time for the debates! Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Michael Murphy, former head of the Right to Rise super-PAC and former campaign manager for Jeb Bush.
Hitting a Wall
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.