Polling Errors, Guns and Buffett's Office
It's hump day! Make the best of it with our morning train reads:
- Amazon Eats the Department Store (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Buying on Stock-Market Dips Is Logical (Morningstar)
- Harvard Is in an Unusual Spot: Back of the (Investment) Class (Wall Street Journal)
- Silicon Valley’s Secrets Are Hiding in Marc Andreessen’s Library (Wired); see also Google Trips is a killer travel app for the modern tourist (the Verge)
- Marijuana legalization is facing a major challenge from the alcohol industry (Business Insider)
- 10 Things Found In Warren Buffett’s Office (SparkFin)
- The Error the Polling World Rarely Talks About: We Gave Four Good Pollsters the Same Raw Data. They Had Four Different Results (Upshot)
- The Truth About Streaming: It Pays Labels A Lot, They Don’t Pay Musicians (TechCrunch); see also What Major Music Streaming Services Pay Artists, Visualized (FastCo Design)
- "More guns in fewer hands" -- US study charts rise of hardcore super owners (the Guardian)
- These Legendary Movie Props Are Up For Auction (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Source: Wall Street Journal
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.