Polling Errors, Guns and Buffett's Office
It's hump day! Make the best of it with our morning train reads:
- Amazon Eats the Department Store (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Buying on Stock-Market Dips Is Logical (Morningstar)
- Harvard Is in an Unusual Spot: Back of the (Investment) Class (Wall Street Journal)
- Silicon Valley’s Secrets Are Hiding in Marc Andreessen’s Library (Wired); see also Google Trips is a killer travel app for the modern tourist (the Verge)
- Marijuana legalization is facing a major challenge from the alcohol industry (Business Insider)
- 10 Things Found In Warren Buffett’s Office (SparkFin)
- The Error the Polling World Rarely Talks About: We Gave Four Good Pollsters the Same Raw Data. They Had Four Different Results (Upshot)
- The Truth About Streaming: It Pays Labels A Lot, They Don’t Pay Musicians (TechCrunch); see also What Major Music Streaming Services Pay Artists, Visualized (FastCo Design)
- "More guns in fewer hands" -- US study charts rise of hardcore super owners (the Guardian)
- These Legendary Movie Props Are Up For Auction (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Source: Wall Street Journal
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com