Bigotry, Disclosure and Ignorance
1. Julia Azari at Vox on leadership and bigotry, in the 1950s and today.
2. Dan Drezner on what’s happening in macroeconomics.
3. Kelly O’Donnell on how health disclosures worked in the cases of John Kerry and John McCain.
4. Hey, Republicans in the House backed off on impeaching the IRS commissioner. For now, at least. How about that? Matt Fuller at the Huffington Post has the details.
5. Patrick G. Lee at Mother Jones reports on signs that Election Day could get ugly.
6. My Bloomberg View colleague Al Hunt blasts Donald Trump’s ignorance on foreign policy and national security.
7. And Jeffrey Young tries to figure out what Trump is saying on health care.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org