Comedy, Congressional Caucuses and Capitalism
1. Amy Bree Becker at the Monkey Cage on politics, comedy and information.
2. Jennifer Victor at the Conversation on the role of single-topic congressional caucuses.
3. Matt Grossmann and David Hopkins at Polyarchy on why Republicans are scared of primary elections.
4. Michelle Goldberg at Slate argues Donald Trump’s weak maternal-leave policy is a real step forward. If you want paid family leave, that’s right: Any time both parties are bidding on the same goal, the odds of future action are fairly high.
5. And Brad DeLong on whether capitalism and democracy can survive.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com