The Whos and Whys of Voting in 2016
1. Brendan Nyhan at the Upshot on gaffes and health scares.
2. Emily Meierding at the Monkey Cage on “take the oil” -- the history, and why it’s still a stupid idea.
3. It’s time for the James Fallows debate preview. At the Atlantic. A quadrennial tradition.
4. Good McKay Coppins reporting at BuzzFeed on Republicans who privately worry about a Donald Trump victory. The fact that many party actors -- including highly visible ones -- do not support the Republican nominee remains one of the big undercovered stories from this election.
5. Alicia Parlapiano and Adam Pearce at the New York Times look at who votes and who doesn’t.
6. Ed Kilgore on how some Trump supporters reach far to justify their choice.
7. And Alyssa Rosenberg on sports and politics.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com