Trump, the Truth and 'Take the Oil'
1. Matthew D. Luttig and Cathy J. Cohen at the Monkey Cage on political participation and social media.
2. My Bloomberg View colleague Ramesh Ponnuru has a nice takedown of Sean Hannity.
3. Also, see View’s Al Hunt on why Republicans' reaction to Donald Trump really is unprecedented.
4. At the Plum Line, Greg Sargent on Trump and the truth.
5. David Drucker at the Washington Examiner on what some Republicans are planning to do after the election.
6. Kevin Drum has more on what Hillary Clinton was actually up to with her e-mails -- and what’s wrong with it.
7. Steven Mufson has a good explanation of why “take the oil” is utter nonsense, outside of it being a war crime, which Trump obviously doesn’t care about. I’m going to keep repeating it: “Take the oil” is just utterly, amazingly ignorant, and people probably should have made a bigger deal about it all along.
8. And Jenna Johnson on Trump’s Sept. 11.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org