Does Your Vote Really Count?
1. At the Upshot, Brendan Nyhan on where partisans get their news.
3. Julia Azari cautions against talk of a coming party realignment. I think this is exactly correct. It’s too early to be sure of any shifts among groups within the electorate, let alone something that would really count as “realignment.”
4. Dan Drezner on grading Donald Trump “on a curve.” Takes a while to get there, but the last two paragraphs are exactly correct.
5. Back at the Monkey Cage, Pauline Jones on change in Uzbekistan.
6. And Matthew Shugart on whether votes “count” in proportional representation and first-past-the-post systems.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com