Berlin's Tech Scene Sizzles as Marquee Startup Fizzles
Rocket Internet, the core company of Berlin's start-up scene, is not doing too well. It recently posted a profit warning, telling investors of big writedowns in its fashion business. Its stock performance since the initial public offering two years ago -- the biggest for a European tech company since the dot-com boom of the late 1990s -- has been abysmal. The Berlin tech scene, however, remains the hottest in Europe and isn't suffering along with the behemoth that helped create it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan