Capitalism, Luck, Wealth and Sausage
Get ready for the three-day weekend with our friendly morning train reads:
• Why Luck Plays a Big Role in Making You Rich (Bloomberg)
• Ten Open Questions for the Techno-Optimist (Digitopoly)
• Magical misery tour. Visits to Europe’s nastiest spots are becoming popular (Economist)
• The Most Impressive State for Clean Energy? It’s Iowa. Really! (Slate)
• Life got better for pretty much everyone under Obama (Washington Post)
• 3.7-billion-year-old fossils may be the oldest signs of life on Earth (Washington Post)
• A Global Field Guide to Sausages: From Merguez to Chorizo (WSJ)
Corporate Profits Cloud U.S. Investment, Hiring Outlook
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at firstname.lastname@example.org