Index Funds Turn 40, Hacking Traders' Emotions
Welcome to September! Start it right with our morning train reads:
• Birth of the Index Mutual Fund: ‘Bogle’s Folly’ Turns 40 (MoneyBeat)
• Ten Things Investors Can Learn From the Horse Track (Irrelevant Investor)
• Wall Street’s Next Frontier Is Hacking Into Emotions of Traders (Bloomberg Businessweek)
• Prosecution of Financial Crisis Fraud Ends With a Whimper (NYT)
• Google, Uber, and the Evolution of Transportation-as-a-Service (Stratechery)
• The Economic Recovery Hasn’t Reached America’s Schools (FiveThirtyEight)
• Interview: How to build a lionfish-killing robot (New Atlas)
What are you reading?
Cautionary Tales From Brexit, Grexit and U.S. Budget Battles
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at firstname.lastname@example.org