Getting Buffett Wrong and Why They Broke the Law
August is ending; finish strong with our morning train reads:
• How Much Has Vanguard Saved Investors? Try $1 Trillion (Bloomberg View)
• Here’s Why the Pundits Are Wrong About Warren Buffett (Fortune)
• Moody’s Issues First Muni Green Bond Assessment in U.S. (Bond Buyer)
• Why They Did It: Madoff and Enron’s Fastow Explain the Biggest Frauds in U.S. History (Bloomberg BusinessWeek)
• CIA’s Venture-Capital Firm, Like Its Sponsor, Operates in the Shadows (WSJ)
• Capitalism and democracy: the strain is showing (FT)
• Please don’t tell anyone, but tax cheating is about to rise in the U.S. (Washington Post)
• The ISIS Attack Dog Reported Dead: Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, mastermind of the group’s globalized savagery, is “martyred.” (Daily Beast)
What are you reading?
Where the Biggest Raises Are
Source: Bloomberg Markets
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at firstname.lastname@example.org