Senate Polls, Third Parties and Nevada's Weirdness
1. Rick Hasen on movement in the courts that potentially could limit gerrymandering.
2. The Republican majority in the Senate is in trouble, according to experts. John Sides at the Monkey Cage reports.
3. The Republican majority in the Senate is in trouble, according to polls. Josh Katz at the Upshot reports. That’s "in trouble," not lost. By both measures (experts and polls), the chances are about two-fifths that Republicans hang on.
4. Mark Blumenthal on measuring third-party support.
5. Alexis Madrigal and Dodai Stewart at the Washington Post argue for new debate moderators.
6. Nevada politics maven Jon Ralston at Politico on why that state isn’t following this year’s trends.
7. Ann Friedman at the Los Angeles Times on phony Hillary Clinton health rumors.
8. And Jeer Heet at the New Republic on blogs.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Katy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org