Clinton's New Vocabulary, Trump's Blame Game
1. John Patty at Mischiefs of Faction on which candidates chose to run for president in 2016. I think he gets the Democratic side exactly right, but I'm not at all convinced on the Republican side. Maybe they just didn’t have any available first-tier candidates. He does name the two most likely ones, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. But Romney did run, albeit only for a few weeks, only to find too much resistance. And Ryan chose the speakership over a presidential campaign, a decision forced on him by House politics.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals