The World Is Not Falling Apart
The weekend is nearing. Get ready with our morning train reads:
- The Rise of the Buy Side (Bloomberg)
- Hunting for Yield? They’re Handing It Out in the Money Market (Wall Street Journal)
- Harvard’s Endowment Needs the Classics (Bloomberg Gadfly); see also “Nothing Recedes Like Success” (Reformed Broker)
- The “Why” in Wage Segregation (Niskanen)
- The Plight Of The White Working Class Isn’t Economic, It’s Cultural (the Federalist)
- Can Gawker Media’s Founder Trump Peter Thiel? (Fortune)
- Trump Campaign CEO’s Resume Includes Goldman and "Seinfeld" (Bloomberg); see also I Know Trump’s New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here’s What You Need To Know. (Daily Wire)
- You may think the world is falling apart. Steven Pinker is here to tell you it isn’t. (Vox)
- The Sports Linchpin (Stratechery)
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
Earth Destroys Yet Another Heat Record
The dark red swaths on the map below show areas that set new records in July.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com