Unpopularity Contests and Megaballots
1. Rachel Tecott and Sara Plana at the Monkey Cage on what the military could teach police.
2. Donald Trump is so unpopular that he’s making his policy positions unpopular -- and groups he attacks more well-liked. Michael Tesler at the Monkey Cage has the numbers.
3. Rick Hasen on Trump and rigged elections.
4. Excellent item from Vox’s Sarah Kliff and Soo Oh on women in Congress. I’d put (even) more emphasis on party: Republicans simply are not nominating women for political office. The parties used to be about even, but now it’s not close.
5. My Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O'Brien on Trump and the media ...
6. ... while Ezra Klein looks closely at the media and Trump. Comprehensive, with several important insights.
7. Joe Eskenazi on the megaballot San Francisco voters will be faced with in November.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com