Intimidation and the Death of a Political Party
1. Seth Masket at Mischiefs of Faction on how political parties die.
2. Rick Hasen asks whether the Donald Trump campaign will be getting the Republican Party into trouble for a long time over voter intimidation.
3. Ariel Edwards-Levy at the Huffington Post on the new arguments that the polls have it all wrong. Forget it, folks. Keep in mind that it’s always possible that the polls will be off a bit and there are always plausible arguments for why they may be wrong in one direction or another, but it’s very unlikely to be more than a two- or three-percentage-point effect -- and it’s just as possible the polls are off in the other direction.
4. Stan Collender explains how Trump undermined the rollout of his own economic plan.
5. And BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray and Tarini Parti report that Trump still isn’t running a campaign outside of his rallies.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com