Court Decisions and Political Correctness
1. Dan Drezner isn’t wrong about the dangers of what Donald Trump has been saying.
2. Rick Hasen at the Monkey Cage on how recent court decisions on voting rights will matter this November.
3. The “Time for Change” presidential election predictor from Alan Abramowitz has the information necessary to make a projection now, and finds the fundamentals in 2016 favor the Republicans. If, that is, the Republicans had nominated a conventional candidate and run a professional campaign. Since they’ve done neither, Abramowitz doubts his own model will hold up this time. Always useful to have a good estimate of the baseline, although I’m not a huge fan of this particular model despite its solid record.
4. Lydia DePillis at the Houston Chronicle on Trump’s blinders about the 2016 job market.
5. And Alyssa Rosenberg on political correctness.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org